In order to ensure our children have the best possible start to their education and that everyone shares the same approach, belief and identity, we have a core set of principles to guide us.
Our caring village school encourages and develops your child’s full potential.
In our pursuit of excellence we inspire your children to learn, create and succeed, to be proud of their achievements and become a valued member of society.
Aims of the School
- To provide a safe, healthy and secure environment in which every individual is encouraged and supported to grow and develop into their full potential and beyond, in all aspects of life.
- To provide a memorable, rich and varied curriculum, encompassing individual needs and foster a love of learning.
- To foster a sense of belonging which celebrates the achievements of each unique individual and of the wider community, built on strong personal relationships.
- To build positive, meaningful relationships with the community and the wider world.
- To help individuals understand their responsibility, to be valued members of a society which recognises tolerance, equality, diversity and to value and care for the natural world.
- To look forward to the future and adjust positively to changes in the social, economic, political and technological status quo.
- The Learning and Teaching Policy of Mellor Primary School serves as a core statement of whole school approach and strategy.
- It informs staff, governors and parents how teaching and learning is planned for and organised.
- It ensures children at Mellor Primary School have the best possible start to their education and that everyone involved in school can share a common approach, belief and identity.
Mellor Primary School – Making People Shine!
The Department for Education has introduced a statutory duty for schools to promote British Values more actively from September 2014, and to ensure they are taught in schools.
Mellor Primary School is committed to serving its community. It recognises the multi-cultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. It also understands the vital role it has in ensuring that groups or individuals within the school are not subjected to intimidation or radicalisation by those wishing to unduly, or illegally, influence them.
It follows equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status, or similar. Mellor Primary School is dedicated to preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal, examined curriculum ensuring that it promotes and reinforces British Values to all its pupils. The Government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy.
The five key British Values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different Faiths and Beliefs
At Mellor Primary School, these values are reinforced regularly. The ways in which we do this can be seen here: