How you can Help
There are many different ways you can help. Here are a few ideas:
- Read Friends of Mellor newsletters.
- Support your school by attending Friends of Mellor events.
- Volunteer to help with the organisation of an event. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, or even if you can’t come into school. There are always tasks that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare e.g. wrapping gifts, preparing raffle tickets etc.
- Let Friends of Mellor know if you have successfully run an event for another organisation which you think Friends of Mellor could replicate – you won’t necessarily be made to organise it!
- Let Friends of Mellor know if you have access to specialist services such as printing, entertainers, catering.
- Find out whether your company offers a £ for £ matching scheme and what you have to do to take advantage of it. And then volunteer to help at an event.
- Donate goods for raffles and stalls – we’re always looking for raffle donations, particularly for our fairs. Raffles can typically raise £300-£400 so are very lucrative for us. If you’d like to donate, please contact email@example.com
- Raise funds through shopping – shop with the retailers Friends of Mellor have teamed up with at easyfundraising.org.uk
- Use Easysearch as your search engine and earn 1p for each search for the school.
- Fill in a Gift Aid form (available from school) – you could add 28p to every £1 that you give to the school through Friends of Mellor (at no extra cost to yourself)