Friends of Mellor Information
Friends of Mellor is the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) for Mellor Primary School. It is organised by parents and teachers to provide a range of events and fundraising initiatives throughout the year to raise additional funds for school projects. All parents are automatically member of Friends of Mellor when their children join our school.
Parental and community support at Mellor is phenomenal. According to the National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations (NCPTA), which represents 13,000 schools across the UK, the average PTA raises about £4,000 a year. Over the last five years the Friends of Mellor have raised just over £45,000. That’s an average of just under £10,000 each year. Not bad for a small school!
What do we do with all the money that you help us raise?? Over the last few years the money raised by events organised by the Friends of Mellor and the commitment of parents to them provided:
- a new projector for the school hall
- junior lockers
- 34 new laptops, for use by the whole school
- a managed wireless system, which will enable the efficient use of the school’s laptop technology anywhere within the building so that that ICT will become an integral part of the children’s lessons
- new hall blackout blinds to provide a better environment for school productions and presentations
- new furnishings for Early Years extension
- development of the school website and
- the outdoor amphitheatre
So, these additional funds really do make a difference to the school that is tangible and immediate and they are increasingly vital as constraints on school budgets increase.