Free School Meals
Pupil Premium Funding – How can parents apply?
It is vital that all parents that qualify for free school meals still register their child with the local authority, even if they already receive Infant Free School Meals. The additional funding means that these children can benefit from additional school support. Please follow the link on Stockport MBC’s website https://www.stockport.gov.uk/free-school-meals/free-school-meals
Do I qualify to claim free school meals?
Families of children and young people in full-time education may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
You can get free school meals if you are responsible for a child (for example, you receive Child Benefit for them) who is still at school – including nursery children who attend full days – as long as you get one of these qualifying incomes:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit (provided your earned income is no more than £616.67 in the last Universal Credit assessment period)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you have a query about free school meals you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in Derbyshire you will need to apply through your local council.